Dorothy and Toto had it right: “There’s no place like home.” While the economy may be partly responsible for the Staycation phenomenon, the end result is that vacationers are choosing to explore the adventures in their own backyard. For Washingtonians, there’s plenty to choose from.
Ranked by America’s Health Ranking Report as the 11th healthiest state in the country, northwest cities repeatedly appear on lists such as “Top Five Best Places to Live in the Country,” generated by Money Magazine.
Those of us who live in Snohomish County aren’t surprised—between the mountains, rivers, beaches, quaint towns, and islands, it’s no wonder we’re happy and healthy! During the summer months, it’s a perfect opportunity to explore our beautiful community.
If you’re looking for some outdoor adventures, here’s an up-to-date list of possibilities:
- Track & Field Meets in Marysville starting July 8
- Jetty Island Everett
- Movies in the Park Everett (Thornton A. Sullivan Park at Silver Lake, 11405 Silver Lake Rd. Everett 98208, Friday evenings July 23-August 20, free admission, 7:30pm)
- Music in the Park Everett:
Thursday Night Waterfront Concerts June 24-August 26
Thursday Morning Shows for Kids! July 8 – August 19
Saturday Waterfront Concerts July 10-August 28
Sunday Afternoon Waterfront Concerts June 27-August 29
- Music in the Park Marysville (Jennings Park, Friday Nights 7:00pm July/August)
- Outdoor Movies Arlington (Terrace Park, Arlington 98223, Movie begins at dusk, free admission)
If you’re interested in making Snohomish County your home, my name is Joni Kerley and I’m ready to help. Visit my website for more information. You don’t even need a pair of ruby slippers!
Joni Kerley – Century 21 Real Estate Center – Everett, Washington